Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic Welsh Public Sector Network ‘Learning from the Best’ Celebrating Black History Month
You are invited to a conference – “Learning from the best”
Hosted by Chapter Arts
The event will share good practice and exchange ideas between organisations and what we are doing to improve the recruitment, retention and awareness of BAME issues in the workplace.
Over 50 civil service, local authorities and voluntary organisation have been invited.
There will be PRESENTATIONS from Gwent Police and Welsh Government about their successful recruitment campaigns.
There will be the following KEY NOTE SPEAKERS:
- Rt.Hon. Carwyn Jones AM, First Minister for Wales
- June Milligan, Equality Human Rights Commissioner
- Vaughan Gething AM, Cabinet Secretary for Health, Well-Being and Sport.
- Makbool Javaid, Head of Employment Law, Simons Muirhead & Burton.
- Rob Neil, Chair Civil Service Race Forum
- A Panel of five BAME Women leaders
Who should attend:
This is an event for the Welsh Black Asian, and Minority Ethnic members of the Public Service Staff networks, senior leaders in the Welsh public sector, HR leaders who have responsibility for recruitment, retention and workplace issue that affect BAME staff.
This conference will provide an opportunity for all of us to work together, learn from each other, and promote Public Services as an employer of choice for BAME people living in Wales.